Hotels near campus:
The Homestead (closest but also more expensive)
Chicago has two airports, O’Hare International Airport and Midway. We recommend flying through O’Hare if possible, because it is closer to Evanston.
From O’Hare International Airport:
- The 250 bus line is the best public transportation option to get to Evanston from O’Hare International Airport. It will cost $2 and takes 1 hour.
- Getting a taxi from O’Hare to Evanston will cost $50 or more and will take at least 30 minutes. Uber Pool or Lyft Line will cost about half as much.
From Amtrak, Megabus, or Greyhound stations in Downtown Chicago:
- The simplest public transportation option to Evanston from any of these is the UP-N train, which leaves about once an hour from the Ogilvie Transportation Center a few blocks north of the Amtrak and Greyhound stations. This costs $5 and will take about 40 minutes.
- If you’re coming in on the Megabus, it will be about a mile walk to reach the UP-N so you may want to take the CTA train from the Clinton station on the Blue Line. This will cost $2.50 and depending on the time of day, it involves one or two transfers and will take anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes.
- A cab from downtown will probably cost $50 or more and take 30-45 minutes depending on traffic.